Re: PC Purchase

Subject: Re: PC Purchase
From: Ian Seager <ians@flyer.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 01:00:22
For my sins, before I got bought Flyer I published a PC magazine (PC Plus)
The problem with looking at the mags (And I agree that I haven't for a
while) is that they test all the latest, fastest, biggest kit they can get
their hands on. I've never seen a cover line saying "A normal PC for you to
use at home" - the mags, at least in my day (two and a half years ago) all
had to keep up the pretence of being read mainly by medium sized companies
and corporate buyers, when in fact we all knew that we had a lot of very
techy wireheads for readers (In addition to small numbers of the above,
plus a small number of normal people) - Manily the journalists wanted the
latest and fastest on their desks for a couple of months, and in many cases
actually needed them to run the massive ("The full installation of Bells &
Whistles V6 will need 150mb of hard disk space...") beta prgrams that they
were given...anyway, teh real point of this email is to say, by all means
buy mail order, BUT, please please please pay by credit card, there are a
few box shifters out there who are less than scrupulous!!

Ian

Ian Seager FLYER Magazine, 3 Kingsmead Square, Bath, BA1 2AB
Tel: 01225 481440 Fax: 01225 481262
http://www.avnet.co.uk/flyer/flyhome.html