Re: Plexi-glass screens - advice please

Subject: Re: Plexi-glass screens - advice please
From: Rolph Muller <rolph@globalvt.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 08:39:31
In message <961111035917_102034.2747_BHC94-1@CompuServe.COM>, "Martin
J.Tuck" <102034.2747@compuserve.com> writes
>Plexi-glass screens - advice please
I do remember this as being one of the more difficult jobs on the
Europa. I don't remember the recessess not being deep enough, but I
certainly did not trim the glass back far enough on the first couple of
goes. Without the Redux in, it's difficult to see if the glass is
actually seating, and the amount of trimming I had to do was quite
substantial - beyond the scribed lines. No doubt Graham S will comment
further. There are also a variety of techniques for pinning the glass in
when you have got it to where you want - I won't give you mine, 'cos it
wasn't very good and involved doing all sorts of exciting things with
garden canes.

Good luck - and make sure you have plenty of meths handy in case you
need to take them out and clean the Redux off!
--
Rolph Muller