Re: Re: Single handed manoevres

Subject: Re: Re: Single handed manoevres
From: Graham Clarke <gemin@cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 13:05:21
For vertical alignment I have hardwood strips, for the port wing bolted
through the cockpit wall and supporting the last foot of run-in to the
cup; for the starboard wing, similarly placed but reduxed to port wing
spar. For fore/aft entry I tried welding on a cup lip extension, but you
cannot get enough funnelling to make it worthwhile due to interference
with the bell-crank on entry. Tapering the spar ends helps, but one must
be cautious here with such an important member. But most important are
guides on the bottom of the fuselage entry holes to prevent the spar root
slipping towards the tail, (reduxed and screwed hardwood again).

Graham 2