Europa-List: Re: Cabin fresh air exhaust

To: europa-list@matronics.com
Subject: Europa-List: Re: Cabin fresh air exhaust
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 09:58:46 -0700
Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com designates 96.68.171.19 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=reply-to:precedence:sender:content-transfer-encoding:to:message-id :subject:date:mime-version:from; bh=AiqCzdd1HRN2/Q9VpdSoyKXJSRsSMWSkaKgJ4PRvoxQ=; fh=TSc/TjETBhvodhpPk22Odkh8ydGz7jv//j7B1ydUATs=; b=yWov0Qcz8/i+ZHY+m3FAZqIh6K7LFyU3yIb9YTrNiM8tK4b33m1slJK+qpK3OrnqL7 TUwhDs1dHXphqjBWORGFVO1SDq36dXyqcDNvYzmgKc9WLm4wdtoUvPe7iBDfCAhpnUki BQR0J+saxIqS/LjPB8IZYqAO0LocAY6YJ5ndzQVO4XuuDtKmsTPpyUF7nT6xljozKQsC ymg8nAJRKTO/U3SmwbKOiRZ3nMX8s9uoCzVOV6EsEQtVEWzxtVOvvjMlXlp+cAptLIMD jovKQkVgP/TrReEVSNwRvMSqn8GnLvgDlwjtc78nYRFo1SF62Hq1fzierfuMpEkUiaUw q1yw==
Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1692982896; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=zsaMfT58+mYiCn4zvJkH/TLQs5n5Xo48LVfma4sNLHejBYChyJMIUCe9tXKJwnyBi8 pe0kNGunbq4a/YvT7PBKVxQc/Yg7UsT0CsS4/fE5yDJwDdos1LjSZVFpo2I/yD3M6Fk2 rcq2US1lL4uIVAdjM4vWzXDAKfEE1QOwffQ6eYa81lK6ghTa9nF21b9sFOf5jpoKHjdH W+VcWbPbbi3rrIwbuxwOQl2kZde4ki2dIx35SdvSzQwDLYfsdlIwoMCZv9QB2p/wQLzM 8902Q7ZsvMWUTPxWoGsrITBOmf8Ni6FAkYCzsvfsyXjC/wCWeFPIxvtJ7t1maN8F8Hmq mF/Q==
Sender: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
--> Europa-List message posted by: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>

Hello all,

I appreciate the discussion this thread had yielded.   So, in my case I have a
ram air NACA duct in the lower cowl which provides more than sufficient airflow
to the two eyeball vents located in the lower portion of the center instrument
panel.  The challenge I have, as previously mentioned, is getting the air to
exit the cockpit in order to relieve the pressure which causes excessive bowing
of the door frames.  Unfortunately, the standoffs on the D panel aren’t
sufficient on their own, and I currently have just the pax door seal on at the
moment.

If I understand the latest analysis by Area-51 an exit near the horizontal
stabilator may do the trick.   This may also require longer standoffs on my D
panel if that becomes the flow constraint.

I am also interested in hearing from Pete who has a reverse NACA installed just
aft of the doors on the top of the canopy.   Noise and weather concerns
notwithstanding, does this solution get the job done?

Thanks everyone for providing their time and energy to this question.

Erich Trombley
N28ET
Classic Mono 914

_-= Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ,
_-= Photoshare, and much much more:
_-=
_-=   --> http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
_-=
_-============================================================
_-=               - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -
_-= Same great content also available via the Web Forums!
_-=
_-=   --> http://forums.matronics.com
_-=
_-=              - NEW MATRONICS LIST WIKI -
_-= Add some info to the Matronics Email List Wiki!
_-=   --> http://wiki.matronics.com
_-=             - List Contribution Web Site -
_-=  Thank you for your generous support!
_-=                              -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
_-=   --> https://matronics.com/contribution