RE: Europa-List: Re: Cabin fresh air exhaust

To: "europa-list@matronics.com" <europa-list@matronics.com>
Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Cabin fresh air exhaust
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 16:19:24 +0000
Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com designates 96.68.171.19 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com; dmarc=fail (p=NONE sp=QUARANTINE dis=NONE) header.from=msn.com
Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=reply-to:precedence:sender:mime-version:message-id:date:subject:to :from; bh=SoGtGQrliU3W+Uc/kaJcuY6DiXoqW6RWniE9Ht0ChV4=; fh=TtRabXnAZcz4NxrJRbsgVDdHYZRt+FpBYJp4xASTi6w=; b=0IS54D9OZUjxFZqIsAlbYRdtxVnAVr49nZC0yRjhqglNbJUkv8Z+e5t/OWlV6pS9G6 iEXIprWuZDDCXKsPuyXjnTvmejXLVBwnT7jD+LcOTvK0mBHN7F4a0aBqSXEuKu3RzyPc StL0RVA7Fw/oLk8Vw+t5KjBolvV15m3Hm8/LiH9excvxAAR2vvpbCk8Gd7h9MqTHl1IL oG/FwCqZhusNZFooQLuJIzXpgiK7eqHYp+zcVBwhtWg0V27GHHKNZmWz/08lQJ3sv8rq PmyDR83kC3teFR9KdDic/ErR0giLCIEW33RNuGRfNo1cA0lrK0CDkuARHMU6JIF4HWLZ 3wqg==
Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1692980493; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=ET8otofa4XKnm4Xs9y8fTsdizY/xU5SZnjt1KNRwC47JbWDvjtVSA8wh652rt4RQwL KTAsGGLqP0SVqXRWqw/TU+UVyYRnihY34IVKyKXxJjEHDLxcn9XA9vOTMX2eQw0TDPNy X8mR+jBcLJwmw7F4Qcjbksz9Jf1oT7Ocr5yCxcWKFXN534Xy27etatTllwDmvqLA2Eiv KXnj7ADBeoO+chVsB07FQnCLxCAqgaNvKpuW/VI/bNB/91xCU89joS3Nc+7lXRYhZDs/ j+tU2CtqlearKe7Pp5jj/dQEx8NeSeOHwx94SkTvqN+a3jtfSXFaRUoAYTc+1Ndo23mP 0xzA==
Sender: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
A quickie sketch at lunch time.

Just a small ramp fabbed and then tapered to clear the flap may draw a bit of
air out of these rather ugly gaps in the aircraft side.  However ugly these
slots may appear to be, and we do pretty them up slightly, but it makes for
expedient construction and my thought was it may be a useable exit for cockpit
air ventilation.

The ramp will have to clear the lower edge of the flap as it extends initially
so on my plane 5mm may be maximum height.  I'm thinking I may just do a quick
photo, and 3D print a rough ramp so it can be tapped in place (3M sticky two
sided tape most likely to preserve my patience.)  I would think just stick it
on and go fly.  Put a small pressure sensor / Arduino and check outside
pressure vs inside pressure to determine the effectiveness.

Personally, my pressure vents are fine except for the pilot side NACA which is
too low and allows exhaust fumes to enter when climbing from 75-90 Knots climb
speeds.  At cruise my pilot side NACA duct is free of exhaust fumes.  I'm
thinking longer exhaust pipe.  Time and energy permitting of course.

That thinkin stuff will get you in trouble.

Bud Yerly