Europa-List: MT04 Engine Mounts

Subject: Europa-List: MT04 Engine Mounts
From: Kelvin Weston <kelv@kdweston.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 00:30:55

Hi All

I recently purchased new MT04 engine mounts from Europa.

However, on examination, I noticed that the bolt hole and the raised ring that
locates in the engine frame are not in the centre of the rubber mount.
You might be able to see this in the picture.  My concern is they might result
in misalignment of the rear of the engine frame in relation to the landing gear
frame.

Replacement of the mounts is not an easy task, so I have contacted both Europa
and the LAA for advice.

Europa have informed me they are aware of this problem and are investigating
with
the supplier.
However, they have also stated that they have issued five sets in a similar
condition
to other owners and as far as they are aware the non-concentricity of the
rubber mounts has not posed a problem.

I would therefore be very interested to make contact with any owners that were
issued or have fitted these non-concentric mounts to discuss any problems
encountered.
Email address below or send me a PM.

Many thanks.

--------