Europa-List: Re: Fwd: Door latch shoot-bolt stop

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Fwd: Door latch shoot-bolt stop
From: clivesutton <clive.maf@googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 04:47:28

RE:  PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Fwd: Door latch
shoot-bolt stop Reply with quote
My friend has the 3D printer and I've forwarded the files to him. Like me, he
discovered
that parts of the files are greyed out and there's a purchase price
displayed. So neither of us could open the files and I'll simply wait until
someone
offers shoot-bolt stops for sale. In the meantime Superglue and tape are
holding things together.

Re: SM15833 as listed at:

http://www.lightaircraftassociation.co.uk/Airworthiness/Europa/247_Europa%20SM15833.pdf

and STL files located at:
https://www.theeuropaclub.org/building/stl-files/shoot-bolt-stops

Just to clarify on behalf of the Club, that the LAA have indeed donated the STL
files to the Europa Club - to be offered to whoever wants to use them to print
their own stops [at their own risk btw].

The specific use of 3D printed stops in plastic to satisfy the 'AD' is not
mandated,
and anyone can make/fashion their own alternative stops from any 'suitably
resilient material' (which i personally take to mean wood or metal).

I'm not aware that any aspect of the STL files sourced from the Europa Club link
below are preventing their use.  Indeed this the first time i have heard of
such an issue.  Perhaps someone who has already used them successfully can
comment
if they came across the same issue and who they overcame it?

Read this topic online here: