Re: Europa-List: OVP

Subject: Re: Europa-List: OVP
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 08:50:48
Radio Noise

If you are getting radio noise that seems to be alternator-related, you can
use your multimeter to do a quick check of the alternator output voltage.
Set your meter to AC voltage and measure from the main bus to ground while
the engine is running. If you see more than one volt in the AC scale,
suspect a blown diode inside the alternator or possibly bad brushes.
Remember, the alternator is only supposed to output DC voltage. This isn
=99t
a perfect test, but it is quick and easy. A ripple meter is an even better
way to check stator and diode condition, but most amateur builders will not
have one in their toolbox.

On Sun, Dec 18, 2022 at 08:36 Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com> wrote:

> Curious, what is =9Ca bit=9D?
>
> > On Dec 18, 2022, at 8:28 AM, William Daniell <
> wdaniell.longport@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > =EF=BBSo my snazzy BandC voltage regulator is outputting a bit of AC
 and
> getting hot.  To be fair =9Cnewish=9D means 3 years old.  The
 BandC includes

> --
William Daniell
LONGPORT