Europa-List: Looking for a north-eastern USA builder/flyer for a favour

Subject: Europa-List: Looking for a north-eastern USA builder/flyer for a favour
From: Pete Zut <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 12:59:30
(McMaster Carr)

Sadly McMaster Carr will not entertain any Canadian Customers unless they
are a large commercial account.

My hinges are worn and require replacement or reaming/fitting larger pins
(a common issue for all us flyers).  Std 3/32" 3087 welding rod would be a
terrific idea for all new builders - to replace the factory-loose pins in
std  aviation extruded hinge material, and prevent/reduce this wear issue.
Sadly, once worn, 3/32" will no longer fix a worn hinge problem.

Thus I am looking for a unicorn size 2.5mm (0.098") stainless (308/316 etc)
close tolerance rod.

The only place I've found it is of course Mcmaster Carr - who will not take
my order. Is there a kind USA-based Europa-ite willing to order for me and
re-post to me up here in Ottawa, ON, Canada K2S1L1?

the item in question which may also be helpful for other builders/flyers:
https://www.mcmaster.com/rods/diameter~2-5mm/
"Combine these general purpose drive shafts with gears, sprockets, and
bearings to transmit rotary motion. All are precision ground to meet tight
diameter and straightness tolerances.

Stainless steel shafts are more corrosion resistant than steel shafts but
also more difficult to machine. 316 stainless steel shafts have excellent
corrosion resistance.

Shafts with chamfered edges have their edges ground to reduce damage to
bearings, housings, and other components during installation.

3D CAD models availableFor technical drawings and 3-D models, click on a
part number.
Lg. Lg. Tolerance Straightness
Tolerance Edge Type Hardness
Rating Hardness Yield
Metric=94316 Stainless Steel
2.5mm Dia. (Tolerance: -0.005mm to 0mm)
200mm -0.25mm to 0.25mm Not Rated Chamfered Medium Rockwell B83 42,000
1265K24 $15.67"

Many thanks!
PeteZ
C-GNPZ