Europa-List: Re: replacing acrylic window

Subject: Europa-List: Re: replacing acrylic window
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2022 10:57:53

Hi Fred,

You might also try a soldering iron with an Exacto knife attachment.  I have
successfully
used this tool on other tasks and suspect it would work rather well
on the redux.  I would use a chisel point blade and plunge cut from the top down
to the window rebate.  Then come in from the side to heat and lift off the
redux working your way around the window.  The localized heat from the iron
should
soften the redux without distorting the fiberglass window frame.

Good luck with the task at hand,
Erich
N28ET Classic Mono 914