Europa-List: RE: What did you do with your Europa this week 7/9 - 7/15

Subject: Europa-List: RE: What did you do with your Europa this week 7/9 - 7/15
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 07:44:29

I took N28ET up for a test flight last week.   Had a similar experience as
Area-51,
very windy & bumpy, and here in Las Vegas unpleasantly hot.  It had been
well over a month since I last flew my bird.  Despite the conditions, I was
pleased
that my new carbon fiber bulkhead which supports the AP pitch servo worked
as expected.

N28ET is a Classic Monowheel and I mounted the pitch servo on the aft side of
the
main wheel tunnel bulkhead as a retro fit installation.  I do not recommend
this location.  While I thought it would make for an easier installation, this
proved not to be the case.  Access is not very good and setting up the servo
was challenging.  Also, the original glass/plywood sandwich bulkhead was too
flimsy and would flex during servo activation, which resulted in huge altitude
excursions.   The new bulkhead is constructed from 1/4 thick carbon/foam
sandwich
material a hangar mate had available.  This stuff is incredibly stiff and
much lighter than the original.

With only a couple of weeks left until Oshkosh I am making final preparations.
Fred Klein will be accompanying me this year so it should make for a great trip.

Thats it for now,

Erich Trombley
N28ET
Classic Mono 914