Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week - 05/24

Subject: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week - 05/24
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 20:45:13

Nope, just a fixed pitch Duc Swirl 3. Notice the relatively low rpm. I can get
around 135-140 if I push a little harder.

And this is with an airplane on primer so happy about performance so far. Cant
wait for the paint which should happen before year end.

However, always compromises. Could be better on initial climb with a CS prop.
Takeoff
run I do get 5200 rpm for a relatively short TO run. But as soon as I speed
up between 60 to about 90 the prop overloads a little, dropping the rpm to
around 4900 to 5000. I still get over 1000 fpm with wife and me and about 40
lbs of baggage and almost full fuel. Once over 90 knots rpm increases and I can
start bringing the throttle back to around 5000 rpm and 27 MAP for a cruise
climb of close to 1000 fpm and a little more than 100 knots.

It just gets better as speed increases thanks to that laminar wing.

This is truly a crazy little plane. Impressive.

Chris

Read this topic online here: