Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week - 05/24

Subject: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week - 05/24
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 05:03:42

One clarification: although when younger I used to be anal about making things
work perfectly, I have changed.

What I mean is that I have read that the AV-30 can be made to work better
through
more extensive adjustment and calibration but at this point in my life I don't
spend that much time doing such things. I just like to go up and enjoy flying.
I pretty much slapped it in place, performed the basic calibrations and I
have just flown since. Also, as a former airline pilot, I have no interest in
flying hard IFR on my Europa (I heard that some pilots that have flown airliners
develop an aversion for flying IFR in small planes and I guess it is true
in my case). But I believe the AV-30 would do fine in case of emergency and
reasonably
high ceilings.

So if you read that the AV-30 can be improved through further calibration, you
should know I have done none of that.

Chris

Read this topic online here: