Europa-List: Re: Bowed doors

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Bowed doors
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 13:42:21

Hi Will,

Not sure I can (or should) recommend much but I would touch bases with Bud. He
has a nice write up on building the doors and make them fit properly. Heat is
mentioned a lot but on a door that is already built not sure how that would go.

I would think that removing the doors, Fixturing carefully to impart stress in
the direction you want to correct the bow and judicious application of heat
would
be the way to go.

Depending on where the bow is (you don't mention) there has been a lot of
discussion
on installing a latch half way at the bottom of the door.

But don't take my word for it since I really never had a need to do something
like
that. My doors where already built and are actually the doors used on the
Europa USA mockup they used at the shows (or so I was told) and I think that the
years heat and abuse has cured them enough to make them hold their shape!.

Best Regards,
Chris

Read this topic online here: