Europa-List: Re: Wing Tent and travel cover

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Wing Tent and travel cover
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 08:02:14

Ron,

Apologies for the delay in replying to this. Here are some pictures. As you can
see, the cover easily fits inside a ZipLock Freezer Gallon bag. It is very small
when folded with the straps taking a good portion of the storage space.

The cover fits really well. I wish it covered the intake air scoop but it
doesn't.

the story with this cover is that I got it at a hangar sale. It was allegedly
made
for an RV-6 but I have no way to confirm since it has no markings. In fact,
I am not sure who made it. Generally the good brand cover makers (Kennon, Bruce)
have some identifying labels. This one doesn't. The quality is descent but
again not sure were it came from. I really don't think it is from Bruce or
Kennon
as their covers are considerably sturdier.

I did an internet search for RV-6 covers and found this photo in which the cover
looks very similar to mine:

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/7611388

I per some reading and looking at pictures I suspect it is made by Cleveland
Aircraft
Tools. Apparently the early ones didn't have the logo in them. Maybe you
can call them and ask them for better pictures or to try to identify this one.

https://www.cleavelandtool.com/products/rv679-canopy-cover

Some discussion in the Vans forum:

https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=151996

Too bad is so hard to identify. It's certainly not a long term use cover but
it's
so small and light I just have it in the airplane all the time in case it has
to spend a night or two away from home.

Best,
Chris

Read this topic online here: