Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 2/28 - 3/7

Subject: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 2/28 - 3/7
From: Area-51 <goldsteinindustrial@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 16:01:19

Utter devastation this week; whole region went under water for a few days;
Lismore
airfield 4m over its highest mound; all aircraft and hangars destroyed;  only
one airfield in the area survived the highest floods on record... very very
sad sight driving around seeing peoples homes lining the streets of mud... very
sad...  still no communications networks functioning; had to drive an hour
to access the world today...

So while all around was being ravaged by nature I was sitting in my offgrid
home,
unaffected other than having a wild amazonian torrent ripping my driveway to
pieces and cleaning out the creek banks, i could do nothing but sit in front
of the console and play with the digital europa while drinking ballantines and
coffee; crunching numbers; trying different things out around the airframe and
sending it to fully developed stalls, approach configurations, ground effect,
and adding leading edge slats, playing with the engine cowl and main gear
fairings.
Its been a very exciting and focused week of flood driven isolation!!!

So far the digital models aerodynamic performance is aligned to real life
actuals;
so very happy with the results...

To answer Buds question raised about seeing what may happen flying with full up
elevator trim applied, the numbers indicate this would be an advantage on a
short
field approach while maintaining a high nose attitude and enough power to
remain behind the drag curve above and not below 60kt. With cruise power applied
the numbers indicate a controlled stall landing; so rate of decent would be
greater than normal and appears you would have no additional back travel on
the control stick... it will be interesting to see what Buds adventure actually
delivers. The electronic brain could be totally wrong!!!

Read this topic online here:

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/b5fc4d5d_2740_4b32_8ac1_7d401f1fc2bc_266.jpeg
http://forums.matronics.com//files/ec4f88d9_6d87_4d82_aeea_e58ad52e0205_102.jpeg