Europa-List: Re: Arplast Propeller problems

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Arplast Propeller problems
From: BobD <rjdawson14@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 08:27:54

The electric motor of my Arplast PV50 motor failed (again !) recently. In my
experience, it would seem to have a life of about 250 hrs between failures.
From the research I did last time this happened, it would seem a 12V model is
available, but perceived wisdom is that this does not have the torque available
from the 6V model, and therefore does not have the necessary power to rotate
the blades. Maybe this explains the relatively short life of the standard
2224U006SR model. I tried to source a new motor from the UK distributor
www.ems-limited.co.uk Although they were very helpful, the best delivery they
could offer was 9 weeks.

Fortunately, courtesy of Italianjon of this parish, I was pointed in the
direction of a German Company who had them in stock, with a immediate delivery.
Even from Europa, the new motor arrived in the UK in less than 14 days. For
anyone looking for a replacement motor, I would recommend this company.
www.fechtner-modellbau.de

--------
Bob Dawson
Europa XS TG || 912 ULS || G-NHRJ || Dynon Skyview || PilotAware || SmartAss3

Read this topic online here: