Re: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 2/21 -

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 2/21 -
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 09:37:43

Thx! Alum tape, and yip, mandatory to set the proper temps.
PeteZ

> On Feb 27, 2022, at 11:06 PM, Area-51 <goldsteinindustrial@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> That aircraft looks so good Peter; well done on its presentation! Are those
> pieces
of cardboard at the radiators to help maintain engine temps?

> Chris, variations in colour indicate changes in airspeed velocity; there is a
scale if you zoom in and the velocity applied is 51m/s or 100kt; low velocity
is not necessarily a bad thing however its an indication of turbulence induced
drag around exit vent openings and rearward of aft surfaces as slower and faster
moving air rejoin, getting these two velocity streams to combine back together
more smoothly is a desirable outcome... one of my test pilots has just suggested
trying vortex generators; will be interesting to see if that has any
desirable affect... will be interesting to see just how much total drag can be
reduced and how that might be achieved!!

> For the technical minded the test was carried out with theta, beta and delta
all set at zero, alpha is equal to angle of incidence. Returned output forces
NM (x) -587 (y) +4424. (Results are indicative only and may vary substantially
between individual built aircraft)