Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 2/21 - 2/28

Subject: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 2/21 - 2/28
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 06:33:02

Nice Model!!! Where can I get it?  :)

So this week I decided to tame my Mono (or at least reduce my fear of trips and
wind). My plan is to take every opportunity I have to fly in days with
conditions
that are a little less than ideal and work my way up to proficiency.

Yesterday noon I went up. A little crosswind, maybe 4 knots but thermals were on
a roll. A little bumpy and gusty. No problem. Good takeoffs and landings.

At 5, after work, I went up again. I had the perfect conditions at my field for
practice. AWOS was reporting 9 knots crosswind and occasional; "peak 11, caution
crosswind".

Of three takeoffs two were perfect and last one was Meh. On the Meh one, the
airplane
wanted to fly a little soon. Still trying to decide if I should keep the
stick slight back pressure and the airplane get airborne or do what you normally
do in a TW airplane and nudge the nose down just a little to get speed to
buildup more. A little reluctant to push down on the nose though although I
always
do that (gently) but on bumpy conditions I'm still trying to decide.

The landings were perfect. My field has intermittent tall tress and buildings
close
to the runway sides which makes for good rotors with crosswinds. The runway
is hard but very wide. So now I know that my self imposed limit of 10 knot
crosswind is very doable and my anxiety has been reduced.

BTW, although focusing on the good stuff happening on the Europa community, just
wanted to say that we are all sadly looking at what is going on in Ukraine at
this end. Truly horrible events this day and age. I know that most Europa owners
reside closer to this conflict and, don't know for sure, but we may have
someone in this forum very close to it. As a US and EU citizen, and with family
living in Spain and Italy, it sure is in my mind.

Best,
Chris

Read this topic online here: