RE: Europa-List: Re: Lining the interior help please

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Lining the interior help please
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 16:32:50

I'm thankful for others that put comfort, looks and quality of life in the
interior
selection decision.

Unless your government agencies require fireproof, or certified materials, I
look
for what is comfortable.  N12AY has a thin leather for the cushions and the
foam suggested and tested by Rob D'Nic / Duncan interiors in Lakeland has given
me 15 years of comfort and durability.  We chose an automotive carpet, bound
the edges, sewed in Velcro for attachment to the floor structure.  I riveted
in the Velcro in the baggage bay floor and epoxied it in everywhere else as the
stick-on Velcro just won't hold up.

I figure, with 100 pounds of high octane on my back, I really am not worried
about
the glues, carpets and interior/seat fire fumes long term effects, as if I
hit the ground, I'm getting out long before I have to worry about fumes or I
won't get out at all.  I hit head on to a deep ditch flying with a customer and
the cockpit module held up well at 30+ knot impact.  I was out of the plane
in about 5 seconds.  (Two second delay due to my fat belly at the time, so
loosing
20 pounds will help that emergency egress time.)  The aircraft is fiberglass,
polyurethane foam and plastic, which according to the State of California
is a carcinogen.  Do we scrap our aircraft?

An airplane is 20,000 compromises flying in close formation, choose wisely.

Just my thoughts.  Follow your experimental/amateur built aircraft government
regs
if there are any.

Best Regards,
Bud Yerly