Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 2/7 - 2/14

Subject: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 2/7 - 2/14
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 12:44:38

So I continued the tweaking and test flying of the new engine and I think at
this
point everything is working well, including the MGL EMS-1.

Since now the workload has gone down a little, I have been taking care of a few
things that needed to be completed:

1.- Although I have an AV-30 and plenty of GPSs I thought that the nice Sirs
compass
I got with the kit could not go to waste and installed it. Kind of compliments
my old fashioned looking round gage panel :)

2.- Since I intend to fly this airplane from grass often, I installed the gear
down latch spring modification. Tested it yesterday and it works nice. Much
better
than the latch with no spring.

3.- My doors were already built and didn't have the door latch guards. Although
it was OK while I flew alone, now that I intend to go touring with my wife more
often I am now working on bonding a couple of guards.

Other things in my list are finally installing carpets, control column boots,
the
speed kit I got with the kit (mono) and I would really like to do the cockpit
widening mod since I have the kit and it is really annoying to have to lead
sideways to not have your arm resting against the narrow door sill all the time.

Best,
Chris

Read this topic online here:

Attachments: