Re: Europa-List: Trim setting question

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trim setting question
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 21:33:07
Hi Kingsley,

You are correct, I guess it can=99t  :-).  I was just referring to the
 fuse moulding (which fairs into the tailplane) appears to me to be at a sli
ghtly incorrect angle (for cruise)?

Cheers,
PeteZ

> On Dec 27, 2021, at 8:59 PM, Kingsley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au> wro
te:

> =EF=BBHello Pete,
>
> I=99m at a loss to understand how the tailplane incidence can be set
 with a fully flying tailplane.  Is there an explanation please?

> Best regards
> Your antipodean cousin
> Kingsley
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>>> On 27 Dec 2021, at 9:10 pm, Peter Jeffers <pjeffers02@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>> =EF=BB
>> Just remember that during build you are allowed a tolerance of round abou
t 1 degree in the tail plane incidence. This is enough to change your trim s
ettings for any particular situation. It will also explain differences betwe
en various aeroplanes.
>> Pete J
>>
>>> On Sun, 26 Dec 2021, 13:53 Bud Yerly, <budyerly@msn.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Get Outlook for Android

 takeoff to cruise it is all down trim.

>>> Your CG is a bit farther aft so more down trim is needed in some cases a
s the incidence of the wing is roughly 2.5 degrees nose down trim is needed a
s speed increases

>>> Happy Holidays,
>>>
>>> Bud Yerly

atronics.com> On Behalf Of Pete
>>> Sent: Saturday, December 25, 2021 4:27 PM
>>> To: europa-list@matronics.com
>>> Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trim setting question
>>>

>>> Thx Tim, its good to know im not alone :)
>>>

>>> That said, the tab is neutral, with the stab in line with the fuse mould
ing, with the indicator also at neutral - so it appears the stab is not line
d up with the fuse moulding in flight. I find that odd.

>>> Cheers and Merry Christmas!
>>>
>>> PeteZ
>>>

>>> On Dec 25, 2021, at 4:21 PM, timward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>>>
>>> =EF=BBHi Pete,
>>>
>>> I have exactly the same issue but can live with it. Altering it is a rea
l gymnastic exercise with space available and spanners!

>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Tim
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPad
>>>
>>> Tim Ward
>>>
>>> 12 Waiwetu Street,
>>>
>>> Fendalton,
>>>
>>> Christchurch, 8052
>>>
>>> New Zealand.
>>>
>>> ward.t@xtra.co.nz
>>>
>>> 021 0640221
>>>

>>> On 26/12/2021, at 8:49 AM, Pete Zut <peterz@zutrasoft.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> =EF=BB
>>>
>>> Curious:  My CG is a reasonable 60.86" yet I find that my trim is genera
lly set quite far down in most phases of flight (and never nose up trim).