Europa-List: Seasons Greetings and Farewell

Subject: Europa-List: Seasons Greetings and Farewell
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 13:17:22

Hi All

I am sad to announced that I just parted ways with my dear Europa which was kit
A224.
I built it with Russell Lepre and Bud Yerly's guidance and flew it happily for
over 16 years.

Family circumstances dictated that I sell the home and hangar I built at GA2,
aka Peach State Aerodrome airpark and move north to New Jersey.
It was a wonderful experience.

Some years back, Ron Alexander started what was, at the time, a unique program

for high school kids at GA2. We taught kids to restore antique and classic
aircraft.

For each 10 hours worked in the shop, we gave the youth a free hour of flight
instruction

including free CFI time.  I was one of the first mentors volunteering to work
with
the kids.
The program has been enormously successful and has served as the template for
many
other
programs around the country.  We have had about 30 kids to my knowledge get
their
Private Rating,
a few have gotten A&P ratings, Instrument and Commercial too.  In order to help
maintain
a healthy operating budget, I donated my dear N224XS to the program.
I expect it will, in due course, come up for sale and the proceeds will help
defray
the operating
costs of the "Ron Alexander Youth Aviation Program."
If you are looking for a Europa Trigear with a near zero time rebuilt 912S, this
will be a great choice!

--------
Ira N224XS

Read this topic online here: