Europa-List: Re: Bud and Jack to test fly Dec 2-5,2021

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Bud and Jack to test fly Dec 2-5,2021
From: Jerry Rehn <rehn@rockisland.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 17:09:51
Hi
We are not too far away on a RV trip and will divert to Tucson Friday.
Looking forward to seeing all!
Jerry & Margie Rehn
Mono XS 914

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 30, 2021, at 11:10 AM, Dan B. <bdanbish@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> =EF=BB
> LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A FLY-IN!
>
> Hi All,
>
> I've been asked by Jim Butcher to see if we could put together an Arizona f
ly-in. After asking around, it looked best to shoot for something in January
 but as you can see from Bud's email above, it looks like we have a date alb
eit short notice. I'm currently scheduled to be away that weekend but am goi
ng to see if I can rearrange things. Hopefully some of you will be able to m
ake it - weather in Arizona this time of year - hell, just about any time of
 year - is fantastic, so it should be a great time to meet and talk everythi
ng Europa.

> Please reply to this email if you think you'll be able to make it, which d
ay(s) and whether you're bringing your Europa. I'll tally attendance and sen
d the results back to this list. I think I have most of the West coast gang o
n this email (and a few others possibly) but if you can think of anyone else
 who might be interested, please forward this email to them. @Jim Butcher, m
aybe distribute to the entire US list?

> Dates - Saturday 12/4, Sunday 12/5
> Time - Open, will try to arrange a meal we can all attend so will need a h
ead count

> Best,
>
> Dan
> bdanbish@gmail.com
> 520.360.9747 Mobile
>
>> On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 9:56 AM Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com> wrote:
>> Guys and Gals interested,
>>
>> I=99m going to assist Jack McKenzie prepping and test flying his Eu
ropa Trigear.  Jack is at Ryan Field (KRYN) (Just outside of Tucson AZ).  I f
ly in on 1 Dec and leave on the 6th.

>> Jack and I have been visiting and consulting on his plane for a few years
 and with Jack only able to work =C2=BD a year, he has completed his Europa a
nd now has an Airworthiness Certificate.

>> Weather looks great and anyone wanting to fly/drive in to visit the weeke
nd of the 4th and 5th we will make time for a get together.  I=99m sur
e we will be there most of the day Thursday through Sunday either flying or f
ixing (after all, it is an airplane, and some tweaking may be necessary). Th
ursday we will inspect, and test run with a tentative initial flight on Thur
sday/Friday if all goes well.  We will be looking for anyone wishing to visi
t over the weekend.  It would be nice to gather for a Saturday or Sunday Lun
ch bunch meeting.  The restaurant is Richie's Caf=C3=A9 and lunch and dinner
 menus are nicely priced (for an airport it=99s really great).  Here i
s hoping all goes well and we can see one another in person, and I=99m
 sure Jack=99s plane will fly as good as his workmanship.