Europa-List: Re: Rotax Cooling Air Baffle

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Rotax Cooling Air Baffle
From: rparigoris <rparigor@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 13:30:21

Hi Group We completed our CAB for 914 XS mono. It has rebate for B&C SD20S
alternator,
#1 cylinder has a scoop, gap #1 cylinder inboard top crankcase sealed,
sealed between cylinders inboard of fins and on 3 cylinders inboard of fins to
CAB, dammed a huge leak aft and near cylinder #3 and used Silicone foam most
aft central to slow leak: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah1S270Nwg9VgeIUVBgsSTq-KOL22w
We mutilated the intake of the CAB and moved flange way back and have it plumbed
with a SCAT Duct: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah1S270Nwg9VgeILZu1KhZulPMJUuw
To install, using a Snow Globe that gives us one fingers worth of clearance for
taking cowl off or putting it on:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah1S270Nwg9VgeIKHAHKF743qDzKVg?e=Td3Y7B
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah1S270Nwg9VgeIJjp4k4b03VBlHhg?e=Hre97E
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah1S270Nwg9VgeIObtNSh8mzCvURkA?e=II78TM
We are holding the CAB down with 1 central bolt and spacer to crankcase and
welded
a tab to the ignition bracket to hold it down in back. Ron P.

Read this topic online here: