Europa-List: Re: Exhaust springs source?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Exhaust springs source?
From: JonathanMilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 04:40:40

Sorry, can't help with replacement springs but a couple snapped on my CKT
exhaust.
After replacing them, I copied what someone else does to cut down high frequency
vibration. First put safety locking wire through the spring centre as usual
and secure it around the spring attachment hooks, to prevent broken springs
falling onto Scotland and perhaps choking cows.

Wrap another piece of locking wire right around the exhaust header tube to
include
both springs on either side, so that tightening the wire causes both springs
to bow in slightly towards the exhaust tube. Then smear an approx 1/4 inch
wide streak of high temperature silicone along the length of the spring, on the
side furthest away from the exhaust tube.

So far this plan is working for me, with no broken springs in over a year.

Read this topic online here: