Re: Europa-List: Exhaust springs source?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Exhaust springs source?
From: timward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 07:39:09
Pete,,
Yes 912S. Check engine mounts for wear and exhaust engine lugs correct torqu
e?
Tim

Sent from my iPad
Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street,
Fendalton,
Christchurch, 8052
New Zealand.
ward.t@xtra.co.nz
021 0640221

> On 19/11/2021, at 7:33 AM, Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com> wrote:
>
> =EF=BB
> Hi Tim,
>
> My sentiments as well.
>
> 912S?  Very Encouraging data, but makes me wonder why mine have cracked. E
ngine is running smoothly, and prop dynamically balanced.

> Cheers!
> PeteZ
> (In Canuckstan)
>
>>> On Nov 18, 2021, at 1:04 PM, timward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>>>
>> =EF=BBI have always been perplexed by the need for springs on the orig
inal Europa Classic exhaust system. Due to the design the exhaust can neithe
r move forward or aft nor up or down. Number one and two cylinder pipes coun
teract the up and down, and the number three and four cylinder pipes counter
act the forward and aft.
>> I have had no problems with my system for the last 20 years and 900hrs. T
he springs remain in place but to me, they are useless.
>> Cheers,
>> Tim
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>> Tim Ward
>> 12 Waiwetu Street,
>> Fendalton,
>> Christchurch, 8052
>> New Zealand.
>> ward.t@xtra.co.nz
>> 021 0640221

>>> =EF=BB
>>> Thx Bud etal,
>>>
>>> Nuther question:  I=99m repairing my second cracked clean off exha
ust flange. :(. Im surprised the heavy classic muffler is not suspended from
 the engine-side frame. Anyone else see these failures?

>>> Cheers and thx!
>>> PeteZ

 is prone to exhaust spring resonance fatigue, corrosion, weakening and fail
ure.

d of high temp silicone to dampen vibration, run a .040 safety wire loop jus
t snug to retain pieces and prevent components from failing to seal and also
 to prevent damage and dropped objects.

matronics.com> on behalf of Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>

ving a hard time sourcing (been using regular springs as a stop gap).