Europa-List: Re: Mandatory U.K. LAA permit directive. Shoot-Bolt stop

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Mandatory U.K. LAA permit directive. Shoot-Bolt stop
From: trevord <trevord@orcon.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 10:01:05

Hello again,

a bad idea or overkill...

A friend of mine wrote-off a virtually new Beach Baron by leaving the pitot
cover
on and when noticing NIL airpeed, rejecting the takeoff - unfortunately the
nose wheel came off on the grass over-run and crumpled the fuselage - very odd
looking at a new wrecked aircraft - he was undamaged but it took a year to get
it all sorted from a single moment of distraction.

I INTEND to have string on my pitot cover, connected to the other covers for
things
like the fuel vent under the aircraft (Bud Yerly design) which is to protect
against the mud dauber wasp from making a home in it and the string to protect
me from forgetting to remove that cover which could easily be missed with
dire consequences - if all covers are all connected with string, then not only
can I not forget to remove them, they will be difficult to lose. I saw this
idea posted somewhere else and thought it a really good idea.

Just a thought
Regards
Trevor

--------