Europa-List: Re: Mandatory U.K. LAA permit directive. Shoot-Bolt stop

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Mandatory U.K. LAA permit directive. Shoot-Bolt stop
From: trevord <trevord@orcon.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 09:44:18

Hello all,

I am completing 272 which was started by Tony Krzyzewski here in New Zealand.
One
of his early modifications means that this aircraft has THREE bolts securing
each door - there is one in the middle - Also the hydraulic lifter was
repositioned
---From original (I now think this is standard) and he spent a lot of time
making the doors fit well, so the doors close properly each time, every time
and do not bulge out that I understand was a problem from the native design.

I am three years into completing this aircraft with a year to go and it has not
been out in the sunshine yet, so I am not sure if the door will bulge and make
it fit differently when hot. But considering the aircraft is experimental,
should
not each builder decide if a change should be made and how it should be
done, with your UK LAA just suggesting a possible fix ?

New Zealand tends to "follow suit" with CAA/FAA directives, but I am not sure
about
the LAA in this case.

I was considering a mod for the future, where I could optionally take a door off
and replace with a specially made half-door for sunny day flying (at lower
speed)
this would be quite nice I think and of course this would be an experimental
door - is this not the whole point of experimental aircraft, Innovation through
careful experimenting ?

Regards
Trevor

--------