Re: Europa-List: Coolant Hose Routing

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Coolant Hose Routing
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 23:15:34

On 2021-06-22, at 15:32, Kelvin Weston <kelv@kdweston.biz> wrote:

> A quick question on the routing of the coolant hose from the collector pot
> south
to the radiator.

> My 912s as supplied has the collector pot sat on top of the crankcase (with
> the
little rubber pad).  The outlet faces directly aft towards the firewall.

> Having fitted the ring mount, I know find that the one inch (25mm) outlet for
the coolant pipe to the radiator is at the same level and about one inch from
the ring mount making the fitting of any coolant pipe impossible without some
serious relocation of the collector pot.

Kelvin - I also had problems routing the C04 hose. I started with it going down
the outside of the engine mount adjacent to the footwell, but later decided to
move it in board of the mount, because it was too close to the air filter. Here
are links to some photos of my installation. The whole setup is not typical
of a 912S installation as I am using Nevs cowl and his baffle arrangements (but
not his mount). So, I dont have the usual plenum chamber for the carb intakes.
But I think the C04 routing issue arises anyway - there is barely room for
the hose between the mount and the footwell.

http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/c04_route_test.php
http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/water_hose_route_a.php
http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/c04_filter_foul.php
http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/c04_protection_b.php