Europa-List: Coolant Hose Routing

Subject: Europa-List: Coolant Hose Routing
From: Kelvin Weston <kelv@kdweston.biz>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 07:32:19

Hi All

A quick question on the routing of the coolant hose from the collector pot south
to the radiator.

My 912s as supplied has the collector pot sat on top of the crankcase (with the
little rubber pad).  The outlet faces directly aft towards the firewall.

Having fitted the ring mount, I know find that the one inch (25mm) outlet for
the
coolant pipe to the radiator is at the same level and about one inch from the
ring mount making the fitting of any coolant pipe impossible without some
serious
relocation of the collector pot.

Anyone else had this problem?

I might be able to raise the pot high enough to go over the ring mount or the
other
option is to rotate slightly and take around the port side of the upper part
of the ring mount, but this looks like it might conflict with the port carb.

I am not even going to mention the water pump pipework - did Rotax design this
mount to fit their engine?

Anyway, water pump and lower hose routing now sorted thanks to previous forum
posts
---From Bud and others.

But this upper coolant pipe is proving to be a pain in the backside.  Even if I
do get it over the ring mount, it looks tight to get down to the radiator past
the Europa engine frame.

Any advice?

--------
Regards