Re: Europa-List: Jacking Mono

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Jacking Mono
From: timward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 16:26:58
Two more photo for clarity.

Sent from my iPad
Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street,
Fendalton,
Christchurch, 8052
New Zealand.
ward.t@xtra.co.nz
021 0640221

> On 21/06/2021, at 4:23 PM, timward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>
> =EF=BBPeter,
> Following on from David=99s suggestion, I use a very similar method
 for a puncture repair
> of the main wheel. Instead of drilling two holes in the undercarriage arm,
 I found two bolts drilled into a wooden block with rubber washers and placi
ng the bolts between the wheel and arm is sufficient to lift the aircraft. S
ee photos. Either two jacks as shown or one trolley jack works well. I carry
 the wooden block with me with a spare inner tube but not used in 18 years f
lying.
> Cheers,
> Tim
> <image7.jpeg>
>
> <image11.jpeg>
>
> <image6.jpeg>
>

> Sent from my iPad
> Tim Ward
> 12 Waiwetu Street,
> Fendalton,
> Christchurch, 8052
> New Zealand.
> ward.t@xtra.co.nz
> 021 0640221
>
>>> On 19/06/2021, at 11:51 PM, davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk wrote:
>>>
>> =EF=BB
>> Peter,  Lifting the plane via an engine hoist is a good solution if you h
ave one! Otherwise you can lift a Europa via its wings although you need to b
e extremely careful that the load is well spread. Dealing with a puncture on
 a trigear is relatively easy by getting someone to lift the wing on the pun
ctured side and putting a well padded trestle under that wing to keep the pu
nctured wheel off the ground. this technique could be doubled up to get a mo
no off the ground, but there are better methods. I would recommend making a j
acking block as in the picture the two sawn off coach bolts fit into two equ
ivalent holes drilled in the U/C arm and that gives a firm horizontal surfac
e for putting any conventional jack under. This was the only solution availa
ble when my friend suffered a puncture on one of the Arran Islands. It is al
so worth considering building a dolly, which makes all maintenance tasks ver
y much easier. Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

>>> On 2021-06-17 23:03, Peter pender wrote:
>>>

>>> A question if I may, can you jack a mono off the wings or should it be l
ifted from the fuse/engine frame. Wishing to check flap/gear retraction.
>>> Cheers Peter
>>>

>>> Read this topic online here:
>>>
>>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=   --> http://www.matronic
s.com/; http://www.matro==================