Re: Europa-List: Jacking Mono

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Jacking Mono
From: timward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 16:22:49
Peter,
Following on from David=99s suggestion, I use a very similar method  f
or a puncture repair
of the main wheel. Instead of drilling two holes in the undercarriage arm, I
 found two bolts drilled into a wooden block with rubber washers and placing
 the bolts between the wheel and arm is sufficient to lift the aircraft. See
 photos. Either two jacks as shown or one trolley jack works well. I carry t
he wooden block with me with a spare inner tube but not used in 18 years fly
ing.
Cheers,
Tim

Sent from my iPad
Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street,
Fendalton,
Christchurch, 8052
New Zealand.
ward.t@xtra.co.nz
021 0640221

> On 19/06/2021, at 11:51 PM, davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk wrote:
>
> =EF=BB
> Peter,  Lifting the plane via an engine hoist is a good solution if you ha
ve one! Otherwise you can lift a Europa via its wings although you need to b
e extremely careful that the load is well spread. Dealing with a puncture on
 a trigear is relatively easy by getting someone to lift the wing on the pun
ctured side and putting a well padded trestle under that wing to keep the pu
nctured wheel off the ground. this technique could be doubled up to get a mo
no off the ground, but there are better methods. I would recommend making a j
acking block as in the picture the two sawn off coach bolts fit into two equ
ivalent holes drilled in the U/C arm and that gives a firm horizontal surfac
e for putting any conventional jack under. This was the only solution availa
ble when my friend suffered a puncture on one of the Arran Islands. It is al
so worth considering building a dolly, which makes all maintenance tasks ver
y much easier. Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

>> On 2021-06-17 23:03, Peter pender wrote:
>>

>> A question if I may, can you jack a mono off the wings or should it be li
fted from the fuse/engine frame. Wishing to check flap/gear retraction.
>> Cheers Peter
>>

>> Read this topic online here:
>>
>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=   --> http://www.matronics
.com/; http://www.matro==================