Europa-List: Re: Airfoil Profiles

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Airfoil Profiles
From: JonathanMilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 16:57:46

No doubt you've read the PilotFriend flight test report
http://www.pilotfriend.com/flight_reports/reports/18e.htm. At the end under
Europa History is stated " Don Dykins designed the Europas wing. Don, as former
chief aerodynamicist at British Aerospace, had directed the development of the
advanced technology wing of the Airbus."

While building my Europa Classic between 1994 and 1997, I recall seeing it
written
somewhere that the Don Dykins wing profile became known simply as the "Europa
profile" and I'll try rummaging through my large pile of Europa info to see
if I can find the reference you seek.

I'm fairly confident that it was never accorded a formal unique reference
listing
in any airfoil database.

Read this topic online here: