Re: Europa-List: Re: ADS-B GPS / WAAS antenna install

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: ADS-B GPS / WAAS antenna install
From: D McFadyean <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 16:41:44
Ditto everything that David said in regard to the GA35 and mounting between
 doors.

Mine is an early version c 2002, outputs NMEA (so not just an antenna) and
only 9 channels.

However, I have found it to occasionally drop in steep turns; maybe it just
 doesn't like turning.

Duncan McF.

> On 25 September 2020 at 09:02 davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk wrote:
>

>     Ron, I have a GA35 antenna for my G3X touch system with GPS20A and GT
X45R. The installation instructions at the time (Rev B) made no mention of
a ground plate and mine is installed at head level between the doors on a p
ly panel filling that recess with no form of ground plate. It has worked pe
rfectly with all tests OK. I note that in the current Rev F instructions it
 does not say a ground plane is necessary, simply something like =98f
or best results a ground plane is advisable.=99  It would not be too
difficult putting a ground plane in that space although it would not be as
wide as recommended but I see no reason to do so in the light of my experie
nce. Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

igor@hotmail.com mailto:rparigor@hotmail.com >

> >         Hi Bill The Garmin GA 35 is an active antenna and requires a gr
ound plane that extends 7.5" off the edge of the antenna. Somehow 5vdc gets
 put in and being active it amplifies signal. I spoke to Garmin and Steinai
r and both said it's necessary. Comant antenna does not need a ground plane
. Ron P.

forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=498520#498520 http://www.matronics.c

opener noreff="http://wiki.matronics.com"; target="_blank" rel="noopen
===http://www.matronics===============