Re: Europa-List: Re: ADS-B GPS / WAAS antenna install

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: ADS-B GPS / WAAS antenna install
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 09:02:41
Ron, I have a GA35 antenna for my G3X touch system with GPS20A and
GTX45R. The installation instructions at the time (Rev B) made no
mention of a ground plate and mine is installed at head level between
the doors on a ply panel filling that recess with no form of ground
plate. It has worked perfectly with all tests OK. I note that in the
current Rev F instructions it does not say a ground plane is necessary,
simply something like 'for best results a ground plane is advisable.'
It would not be too difficult putting a ground plane in that space
although it would not be as wide as recommended but I see no reason to
do so in the light of my experience. Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ