Re: Europa-List: Re: CKT exhaust springs breaking

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: CKT exhaust springs breaking
From: Kevin Challis <cakeykev@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 17:02:15

I have had lots of CKT springs break. I have tried heat resistant silicon made
no difference. I have a complete spare set in the aircraft and change regularly.

I was told it was an old problem and the new springs would be ok. They arent and
I am glad its not just me experiencing issues.

Engine is smooth with no different vibrations than any other 912ULS.

Kevin Challis

> On 30 Jan 2020, at 16:33, tennant <barrington.tennant@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi Jonathan,
>
> I had a similar experience in the beginning but not with a CKT exhaust. The
> springs
were stainless steel. Stainless steel does not like contact vibration and
the constant contact microwelding quickly rubs through the wire. I have used
galvanised spring steel for about 15 years without a breakage.