Europa-List: Re: Europa monowheel instrument panel cad drawing

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa monowheel instrument panel cad drawing
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 06:40:34

Richard,

I modeled the panel module for my mono in SolidWorks and created what I want to
be the panel in my airplane. I have printed the panels full size and checked
them in my module for fit (and adjusted as necessary). As it can be appreciated
in the picture, I am going for a different panel arrangement than traditionally
used. I am looking for a VFR only panel at this point.

I am not going to use the IFD-NET instruments shown in the picture since they
have
proven not ready for prime time when I tried to install (read wasted my time)
them in my LongEZ (too bad since it is a great concept with descent hardware,
they just don't know what they are doing from a software standpoint).

I can provide DXF but please note that my panels are subdivided in subpanels. I
am doing this because I think it looks neat but also because I want to modify
things often and rather have a number of smaller panels to change. I am also
going to individually connectorize each panel to make removal easier (like
airliners
do).

Anyway, let me know if interested in the dxf. I will need a few days to get to
the computer and convert to dxf. I can also do a dxf of the entire module so
that
you can convert the modular panels into larger panels as in the original Europa.

Warning: don't trust the fiberglass instrument panel module model, it's just an
approximation of the real one. The panels themself are accurate, not the module.

Regards,
Chris

Read this topic online here:

Attachments: