Europa-List: Re: Airmaster thrust bearing witness marks

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Airmaster thrust bearing witness marks
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 06:30:56

Hi Remi,

A couple of hours before your reply appeared, I cut and pasted my post above to
Martin Eskildsen at Airmaster NZ. If I'd seen your reply first I probably
wouldn't
have done that, because Martin has already given you a satisfactory answer.

As I've already mentioned, I observed similar marks on my previous sets of
blades
and they were more obvious with deeper grooves around some of the ferrule
circumferences.

Thus far I've never become aware of anyone in the world making it known that
they
had to change blades because of this phenomenon. I wonder if Martin will have
anything different to suggest, but I guess not.

I'm comforted by the fact that the ferrule material is quite thick under the
thrust
bearing witness lines/grooves and that corrosion in that area would be very
unlikely due to the presence of grease.

Read this topic online here: