RE: Europa-List: Re: ethanol

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: ethanol
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@talktalk.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 19:20:32

Hi! All.
I checked on the Frost site and spoke to a very helpful gent who explained
that their additive was meant to only protect against corrosion and needed
adding to all your fuel each bottle is sufficient for adding to 250 litres
of fuel !
However he kindly recommended me to an American site who produce a small kit
container which allows you to take a small sample from the water drain point
on the aircraft and if Ethanol is present it changes colour to blue (that is
the whole sample) . But it was expensive at about $ 35 per unit ! I paid by
Pay Pal and the final bill including postage and packaging finalised at
approx $70 , so I was scammed yet again !
Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing ( bastards) sorry but no other name in
my vocabulary .
So I can test a small amount from each fill up but need to effect similar
checks if I land away.
Regards
Bob Harrison  G-OTAG