Europa-List: Re: ethanol

Subject: Europa-List: Re: ethanol
From: clivesutton <clive.maf@googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 03:15:01

Hello Danny,

I have 24 of those cotton buds left from a 303381 fuel testing kit i brought
from
Airworld a few years ago.  You are welcome to some if you can send me your
address.  Not sure if they have deteriorated with time (though they have been
dry-stored in a sealed plastic bag).

In my view Bob Hitchcock's bottle mentioned as in a previous post (the function
of which incidentally is replicated on most of those fuel-drain/screwdriver
things
us Aviators all buy during training) is probably the neatest solution -
since it involves only mixing a small qty of fuel with a carefully measured
sample
of water and noting the change in relative levels due to mixing of part of
the water sample with any alcohol (ethanol) existing in the fuel - an approach
which also  avoids buying and managing other test-related supplies.

Regards,

Clive

Read this topic online here: