Re: Europa-List: Dynon rebooted twice in flight

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Dynon rebooted twice in flight
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 07:37:44
Yes the dynon is amazing....but like all computers suffers from bugs.   I
mean if Microsoft with billions of operating systems  out there still has
major glitches what can we hope from a small volume company like dynon.

Soooo.....what I think  one needs, like bud says, is back ups and back ups
for back ups.

The conclusion I have come to after listening to all is a separate battery
powered flight system (levil I think but could me a mini grt) + a Garmin
GPS with turn coordinator.

A handheld radio with headset adapter.

Round guages for key engine parameters like Rpm map oil temp and maybe fuel
pressure amps/volts.

By the way....is there anyway to increase the range of  a
handheld....ground plane or perhaps to plug an airplane antenna into it?

Once again it is always very useful to share.  Thanks

Will