Re: Europa-List: Dynon rebooted twice in flight

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Dynon rebooted twice in flight
From: Kingsley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 22:14:07
Not rebooting but . . . . .
I fly quite regularly with a friend who has a Dynon in his aircraft.  I
marvelled at the capability of the instrument until recently when just
into the second 3.5 hr leg of a trip to fly the Morning Glory in the
Gulf of Carpentaria.
While on climb to 8500 ft, we encountered a very sharp bump whereupon we
observed that the AH was completely inverted.  We were in VFR conditions
so it presented no problem.  After flying for some time, it happily
remained inverted but was operating quite normally otherwise.  It was
only after we turned it off and on again that it decided to amend its
errant ways.  We cannot be absolutely sure the bump caused the problem
but it was immediately after the bump that we noticed it.
This incident left a horrible taste in my mouth and I cannot help
wondering what would have happened had we been in I.F. conditions.  Even
with two AH=99s, it would be very confusing to have one reading
normally while the other was completely inverted.
Just a hiccup I witnessed first hand.
Kingsley in Oz