Re: Europa-List: Carburetor flange on 912S

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Carburetor flange on 912S
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 22:08:43

I think youll find that Skydrive source replacements direct from Bing and they
are less eye watering in price.

I changed mine after they had done, according to the records more than fiver
years
and it may have been longer. They had no cracks even though Ive prodded and
poked them very well but changed them anyway as I have with a number of items
since buying the aircraft to get a known vintage on life parts.

In MHO if you have the air box fitted and it is well supported then the carbs
dont
move on the mounts as much as those who use the cone filters and relying on
the springs Rotax put on the carb, hence putting less strain on the rubber
flanges.

Alan
G-OBJT

Sent from my iPad

> On 7 Nov 2017, at 21:28, Steven Pitt <stevenwpitt@me.com> wrote:
>

> I am biting the bullet and renewing various items on my Rotax 912S.
> I have kept photo records of the flanges at each service, and not noticed any
wear as the carburettors and airbox seem well supported.
> So what is the common view on changing the flanges as time expired products?

> Rotax bulleting SB-912-030R1 seems to suggest only certain engines need
> changing
but what is the perceived wisdom from the Rotax owners out there?