Re: Europa-List: Re: VENTILATION IN FLIGHT & POSITIVE CABIN PRESSURE

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: VENTILATION IN FLIGHT & POSITIVE CABIN PRESSURE
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 12:33:21

> On Sep 14, 2017, at 11:38 AM, Brian Davies <brian.davies44@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I had a CO problem about a year ago and carried out some
investigation.  The big clue, found by using a CO meter, was that the CO
doubled when the flaps were down.  I talked to Andy Draper who said the
exhaust gases could enter via the flap slots and travel forwards through
the tunnel and into the cockpit via the various control slots.  I
resisted cleaning my aircraft for a period and traced exhaust stains
along the fuselage that travelled to the (Trigear) leg/fuse join and up
to the flap slot.

These enhanced wing root fairings cover the flap slot

Alsoone of the reasons my bird has yet to fly...