Europa-List: Re: Who has Nev's cowlings

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Who has Nev's cowlings
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 02:55:00

Hello All. Someone contacted me to request a copy of the guidance notes which I
wrote for the fitting the cowls. He stated a reason for installing them is that
they'll afford a 10 knot speed increase. I don't know where that idea came
from, but I can assure everyone that I haven't seen a single knot of speed gain
in the cruise.

Maybe there's some wishful thinking, which associates Nev's LoPresti style air
intakes with cowls having proper LoPresti design fitted to other aircraft types
and thus reducing cooling drag. I don't know!

My reason for fitting them as a replacement for my old Classic cowls was to
improve
cooling and overcome hot starting problems. This goal was achieved admirably.
And they look good too!

Read this topic online here: