Europa-List: Toe Brakes with Parking Brake

Subject: Europa-List: Toe Brakes with Parking Brake
From: BobD <rjd@bobdawson.plus.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 07:11:19

Has anyone experience of installing a Parking Brake with the standard Tri-Gear
Toe Brakes ? I have read the various 33T documents from the Builders Manual, but
only the Finger Brake version mentions the Parking Brake, and I have no wish
to convert to the Finger Brakes.

I am wondering if something like the MATCO PVPV-D can be used in line between
the
standard Toe Brake Cylinders and the Wheel Brakes , or if further modifications
of the hydraulics system are required ?

I have added a diagram from the MATCO website which shows the PVPV_D installed
with their vertical brake cylinders, but the comment about their vented
reservoir
cap being the highest point in the system concerns me, considering that the
standard cylinders used on the Europa are horizontal.

--------
Bob Dawson
XS TG || 912 ULS || G-NHRJ

Read this topic online here: