Re: Europa-List: Re: Arplst PV50 - Last Stand... Sort of...

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Arplst PV50 - Last Stand... Sort of...
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 11:27:36
Hi Jonas a matter of interest who built your Europa? Is it a Classic or an
XS?
Turning to the blade with loose weight, you will need a long drill, maybe 5
 or 6mm diameter. You should be able to see the hole at the centre of the r
oot of the blade, carefully drill down the blade allowing the existing hole
 to guide the drill. At some point the loose bit of lead should drop out. I
f the hole is already open some weight may have been lost which would accou
nt for the out of balance.
The penny washers on the balance arms are there to assist turning the blade
 when it is under load. (I don't fully understand how they do that) Nothing
 to do with prop balance and there should be the same number of washers on
each blade.
Graham

    On Monday, 13 February 2017, 10:52, italianjon <jon.catilli@gmail.com>