Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912 Exhaust Spring Clip Faliure...

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912 Exhaust Spring Clip Faliure...
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 18:13:11

Hi Jon

Well it is not the down pipe clip so it should be perfectly ok for a
short trip.  I have had several springs fail over the years it has never
caused a problem, even when it was on the down pipe. Is that exhaust
stainless it looks a bit corroded?

Should be easy enough to get a clip welded on, but check with your
inspector if you are UK based.  Otherwise, as Dave Watts recommends, CTK
Engineering can provide a replacement pipe, although when I needed one
they wanted the old pipe back and made one to match.

Pete

G-RMAC Classic #109

On 11/02/17 17:13, italianjon wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Anyone had the clip fail? I've attached a photo.
>
> Is this:-
>
> 1) Safe to fly, in so far as to a mechanic?
> 2) Can I weld on another clip, or is it a new piece of exhaust pipe?
>
> I have a classic with a Rotax 80Hp fitted, this is the exhaust pipe from
> Cylinder
2. so: -