Re: Europa-List: Replacing nose wheel suspension bungee with springs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Replacing nose wheel suspension bungee with springs
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 12:41:18

Carl,

Since you have the springs, Id suggest you go ahead at the next opportunity
(such
as an annual) and replace the bungees with the springs.  I have the springs
on my tri-gear and the are working great.  I helped Bud do my tri-gear
conversion
and he slipped a sheet of stainless steel between the spring and frame to
help prevent the wear you describe.  Theres lots of up-side to the switch and
I cant think of any down-side at all.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop (75 hrs).
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208-5331
Cel: 817-992-1117
rlborger@mac.com